WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
baylaurelphotography.com
Bay Laurel Studios and Laurie Pearce Bauer
Service Area: SF Bay Area, California, Baja & Destination Weddings
What is the range of investment for a wedding? By offering an "al la carte" package, I can work within everyone's budget. Basically that is to just charge per hour to cover the event with lots of great images and an online gallery. Then prints and an album can be ordered at a later date. With a longer time line some wedding expenses can be more manageable.
At the other end my top package is $4,000. This includes two photographers for 8 hours of coverage, an online gallery, and a personalized blog post with slide show, a high-resolution disc of the images, engagement photo session, a custom designed, leather cover wedding album with two parent books, a dvd slide show and six 8x10 prints of your choice!
How did you get started in your business? I studied various types of photography at UC Berkeley. I worked in architecture for several years. I started to freelance in both commercial and the fine art photography. When I decided to get serious about doing weddings, I assisted several good wedding photographers for over a year. I then broke off to start my own business. I love the flexibility in my life that this offers.
How would you describe your style? Photojournalism mixed with fine Portraiture. I look for meaningful fleeting moments that reveal something beautiful.
What is your favorite part of your job? The favorite aspect is that I get to be creative. That, and the fact that I get to meet amazing people and be a part of their lives on such an important, joyous day.
Anything else we should know about Bay Laurel Photography? My clients get personalized attention from me. I meet with them before their wedding and scout their venues so that I’m prepared on their big day. I have a background in art, graphics and music, which influences my way of photographing. I love to design custom photography books and albums! Making slides shows from the images set to music is a sweet way to remember the day again and to share with friends and family who may be far away. This is often easier than videography.
What's the best thing about what you do? I approach my job with enthusiasm and passion, and have a great time while doing it. Clients frequently send me an email after a wedding to say that many of their wedding guests said about how nice or how hard I worked, and that they loved working with me.
Do you have any advice to offer engaged couples or those planning a special event? Determine what your priorities are when it comes to your wedding. Not everything can be the most expensive, the most beautiful, the most perfect, etc, but pick the few things which you would like and budget appropriately for them. And once all the planning is done, and the wedding has arrived, remember that what's most important is that you're marrying the love of your life, and all you have to do on that day is enjoy it.
Dreams? I would love to explore the world more. There are so many places yet to see. I enjoy doing photo essays and making books to document and uncover the beauty of different people and places. It is my hope to be of benefit to others.

Comments